As I prepare for an upcoming shoot, I'd like to share with you an unlikely but useful part of one's field kit: Vodka
Some of Vodka's many uses:
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent will dissolve the adhesive.
2. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.
3. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
4. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.
5. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your Face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores!
6. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them - apparently, I haven't tried this one out - usually too busy trying to tackle the leeches - and of course I wouldn't encourage the harming of bees or wasps if I could help it in the first place.
7. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.
8. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.
9. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
10. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.
11. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.
12. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.
These tips work - and if for some reason they don't, you'll still end up feeling quite happy about trying them out anyway.
vodka: good for vomit... stains